Pages

background

Followers

Tuesday 24 August 2010

What little boys are made of :-)

Morning!

After three days of teal cards my brain needed a little break (and a change of colour!), I'm looking forward to my regular scrapbook class tonight at Scrapbook Sisters as well, as I'm (shock horror!) actually getting quite a few finished of late!!  So I'm looking forward to a new challenge tonight :-)


This card is a quick one I made using Footballing Jack.  I am very short on boy images and I think I might just have to treat myself to one or two more in the range, as he's a bit of a cutie :-).  I still struggle with boys/mens cards though!

The papers are from one of the Forever Friends packs that I bought last year - the only reason I bought this pack was for my son to make his Dad a card as there is an image of a bear in a blue car and the last three letters on the number plate are the same as on HB's number plate, which was odd!  I've had to cut the papers about a bit to lose the pre-printed images, but shhh don't tell anyone as I don't think it's that obvious :-)

The twill across the middle is also doctored as it has "it's a boy" printed on it, but only on one side - I was going to use ribbon but think this works better as it looks more like a shoe lace.

The football is a die-cut which my friend Julie cut for me, a couple of buttons and all done :-)


I would like to enter this card for the following challenges

Secret Crafter - Blue and Cream
Rosie D's Challenge 78 - One for the Boys - sadly this is the last Rosie D challenge :-(

Feel free to leave me a comment with what you think :-)

Supplies: Cream and Blue cardstock; Papers - Papermania Forever Friends Boys pack; Image - Footballing Jack, and Sentiment - Ladybug Crafts Ink; Die Cut football; Twill and Buttons from stash

Right that's it for me today, gotta go into work early :-(
Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx


5 comments:

Julie said...

It's fab Sue,I've never seen this image before,he's really cute and so beautifully coloured too! Enjoy work:) x

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Great card Sue, I love the football die cut at the bottom and the paper works really well! x

Wendy said...

Super card, love that image. Thank you for joining us at SCSC. Wendy x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card...Thanks so much for joining us at scsc this week and good luck
x
vicky

Mervi said...

This is so sweet card for a special man! Thanks for your support and kind words!
Thank you for sharing this with us at Rosie D's;-))Mervi