Pages

background

Followers

Sunday 8 August 2010

Another day, another Christmas card :-)

Hi, hope you are having a great weekend!
 
I have to confess that this card was one that I made the other day - it's a good job I have a few things to show you as my neck has frozen (old whiplash injury).  I managed to cope through the afternoon crop at Scrapbook Sisters yesterday, but it really hurts to turn my head in any direction now and so I resemble a Thunderbird puppet :-)... really it's not the best look in the world. 

I've dosed myself up with painkillers and anti-inflammatories, but if it doesn't feel better by tomorrow then I'm going to have to make an emergency trip to either the physio or the chiropractor - both hurt, neither option is preferable, but I'm not wandering about looking like an idiot for longer than is absolutely necessary :-)

I have to say it's really quite tricky doing Christmas cards in August! Good job the weather is all overcast cos I think it would be a lot harder doing them in bright sunshine!

+

Today's card is another one I made using the stamps I won from Ladybug Crafts Ink - this one is Snow Covered Log Ruby, isn't she cute!

I have coloured her with Copics, then added Stickles to the trim of her coat, glossy accents to the presents, her boots and her belt and a dusting of Jones Tones Crystals to make the snow - this stuff is longer strands of glitter that look lovely as snow.  I can't remember where I got it from though, but think it might have come from the kids craft section last year in Poundland or similar??  I've had this pom-pom ribbon for a couple of years and it's perfect for Christmas cards.

The sentiment is by Anita's but it actually has "and a Happy New Year" after the "Merry Christmas" but I masked this up - not that I don't want the recipient to have a happy New Year, it was just too long to fit on the card :-)

The papers are Bo Bunny ones that I bought last year and the gems are from my stash.

I'd like to enter this card for
Sir Stampalot August Challenge - Bring on the Bling (lots and lots of Glittery stuff, plus Gems)
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Snowflakes. paper and the snow all round the image

Right that's me for now, got a busy day today as heading to Bewl Water where HB and eldest son are at a car show with the Mini and the presence of small son and I are requested by 10am!

Thanks for looking

Sue

10 comments:

Kerry said...

You've done Ruby proud Sue! What a gorgeous card...I love the BB pp (no surprise there heehee) and the pompom ribbon. I just got some from Hayley and you've inspired me to use it :-D

Hope your neck is better soon..a sore neck is not fun. Good luck with the chiropractor. xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I've had a couple of whiplash injuries and they're not nice at all, I still get a bad back if I stand up for too long.
Your card is gorgeous! I love these papers and love pom pom ribbon, it's going to be very "in"
x

gayle said...

Hope your neck gets better soon Sue. Its a painfull complaint. Anyway your card is lovely. Love the effect of the crystal glitter. Gives it a really icey look and feel. x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is adorable Sue. I just love all those pom-poms!
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

pinky said...

Just so cute, loving the pompoms and all that glitter. Hope your neck feels better tomorrow. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

brenda said...

Hi Sue

What a really lovely creation, thank you so much for sharing it with us at Stampalot Challenge this month.

B x

Tracy said...

Your sparkle looks gorgeous, Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sally H said...

Very cute - love your bling! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Francesca said...

Wonderful card , great details
thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR.