Pages

background

Followers

Monday 16 August 2010

Here come's the bride!

Hi!  I'm back off to work this morning and I'm not looking forward to it, I've really enjoyed my time off with my eldest son and have managed to fit quite a bit of crafting in too :-)

It's HB's birthday today, I made him a card last week but I can't share it yet as he leaves for work before the kids and I get up, and I don't want him sneeking a peek at today's post and seeing the pics before he's seen the card :-) so today I am sharing another of the cards I made at the last weeks shop crop at Scrapbook Sisters.



This card is for my friend Karen to give her friend on her wedding day.  Their colour scheme is red, so I have based the card around that. 

Once again I liberated the "Love" ticket from Karen's pile and chalked it up with a few chalk eyes (thanks Bev W), then added red organza ribbon and cream lace (thanks Bev B).  I love this sharing thing that goes on at the Scrapbook Sisters' crops - even at the big ones you'll find people wandering about asking if anyone has a "...", it normally results in much rumaging in bags and usually someone, somewhere, has exactly what is needed!  If you live in Kent and you haven't been to one before, the next one is on 18th September - you can book your ticket here - why not come along and have a crafty day!


I have used Bride Nikki again, stamped on Neenah with Tuxedo Black Momento, coloured with Copics and glittered with Glamour Dust (thanks Barbra!) As usual I have taylored her hair colour to match the bride - it's such a small thing to do, but I guess that is what makes a handmade card special over one bought in a shop as you have so much ability to alter elements to suit that of the recipient. 

I luuuurve this stamp, Nikki is so elegant and classy.  I like lots of bridal stamps but this is the only one I actually own so many of them were too cutesy cutesy even for me!
Supplies:
Stamp - Bride Nikki; Tim Holtz Ticket; Cream and Red Bazzill; Glittery cream and red paper - K & Co??; Red and Cream scroll paper - As You Wish, Imagination Project; Red/cream flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts; Cream Flowers - The Range; Copics; Momento Tuxedo Black ink; Cream Lace; Red Organza; Stickles

I'd like to enter this card for
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - I have chosen to interpret this challenge as a wedding card

Thanks for looking....

just in case I haven't nudged enough I have Blog Candy on offer, please stop on by and join in, all I'm asking is for a little card (and if you're on here you make cards... right!?!?) and you could win loads of amazing stuff, plus help me to raise money for research for Ovarian cancer... I don't want to beg (it's not my style...) but please, please, please make a card, every pound we raise helps fund research into cause, diagnosis and treatment, and you stand the chance of winning free stuff!

Sue xx

5 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely post Sue! I hope I get my ticket before theysell out! If you do fancy a change I have a lovely church stamp( not a "grown up one") will bring it along to the next crop. I know you want teal cards but is it teal only or can I add other colours? X

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely card Sue, I agree with you and love Bride Nikki! I hope today isn't too bad for you :)
x

Helen Ann said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love that you've taylored it to the colour-scheme and hair colour - makes it extra special.

Can I ask the same question about the colours as Julie please lol x

Sue U said...

Hi on my blog candy/card drive,m thank you to everyone who has said that they will be taking part, it's very much appriciated :-) As for the colour scheme, it's completely up to you how much teal you put on there, I just thought it was nice to include the colour somewhere (but I'm not going to get all fussy if you don't!) Please feel free to spread the word too. More pics of the candy and an email address will be coming soon xx

gayle said...

Beautiful card Sue. I bet the happy couple loved it. x