Pages

background

Followers

Thursday 19 August 2010

This one has been keeping me awake at night!

Morning!  I can't believe it's Thursday already!!  Actually it's been an OK week and work has been relatively stress free... so much so I keep thinking I've forgotten to do something!  Probably I'll have an awful day today now!

So onto todays post

How do I know I am a totally addicted cardmaker?  Well, Sunday night, when I should have been fast asleep I had this idea, and once I had the idea I was wide awake and started thinking about what I needed to do to get it to work out, what else needed to be added and so on :-)

An hour later and my brain had it all worked out and back off to the land of nod went I :-)

The only trouble was that I actually had to make the thing now!  Monday night saw part one, which was the stamping, colouring and glittering of Ruby.  I then went around her with some light and dark blue inks, then added a touch of yellow, and thought I'd wrecked it :-(. 

As I'd come this far I kept going (glad I was brave, this is a story with a happy ending!), so carried on glittering Ruby's clothes, adding chunky glitter as the snow and dotting stickles around her to make snow falling.  Why do things never dry quickly when you want them too!  


The rest of the card was assembled Tuesday night... so what do you think??  They aren't very good pics I'm afraid, the combination of the glitter and the acetate seemed to throw the camera completely - could be operator error though!



The yellow that I thought looked wrong is meant to be the light spilling out of the Lampost, but now I think it looks OK.   I've popped some yellow copics in the lights and a dot or two of glossy accents.  I've added a touch of stickles to the top of the lights and on the left hand side at the bottom to look like snow.


Oh and it's a shaker card so I have used chunky glitter in the middle, it's sticking to the acetate a bit (OK  a lot!), but think I can get away with it as it's a Christmas card :-)  I haven't done one of these in absolutely ages, but I really like the effect of the lampost jutting out into the card, which was from an idea in August's Craft Stamper.


I've just coloured Ruby with cool grey copics, and as I was colouring her it really suited her, completely different from the red I did last week but still looks really wintery- it almost looks silvery


The "Snowflakes" sentiment actually says "Snowflakes are just unassembled snowmen" but I masked the last bit off, and put a gem over the "o"

And do you know, it's not too far off what I had in my head at 2.30am Monday morning, how incredible is that!

I'd like to enter this card for these challenges

Supplies - White card, Pearlised charcoal paper; Stamps - Snow Covered Log Ruby - Ladybug Crafts Ink, Lampost from set - Inkadinkadoo, "Snowflakes" - Penny Black; Glitter, Chunky Glitter; Black Diamond Gems - Ebay; Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping by!  Drop me a comment to let me know what you think!

Sue xx

9 comments:

Julie said...

I love the way the lampost is cut around,also love the layering of the "snowflakes" sometimes a card is worth loosing sleep over. I've done this many a time myself,infact I had to stop late evening crafting for a while as I found it fired me up so much I couldn't shut off! Hope today sees another great day,Julie x

TinaB said...

Stunning!!Beautiful!!! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Pad Hugs Tina xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I love this card Sue!!! Well done, it looks amazing! I bet you were so pleased with it! I get Craft Stamper too and saw the feature, I thought it looked very effective!
Love the colours and the yellow looks perfect! x

vicky said...

WOW!!! nuff said :-) xxx

gayle said...

Love this card Sue. I agree the cool greys make it look very wintery. The chunky glitter is great and I love the lamp post. Great card! x

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a stunning card! Love the colors and embellishments,they go beautifully with your image. I simply love all of the sparkle~ Thanks so much for playing along with Creative Card Crew this week!
Denise
CCCDT

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Wow love the images and the colouring is perfect. And the window is just clever!

Thanks for joining us at A Spoon Full of Sugar!

Hugs
Tonje

Kerry said...

Great minds think alike Sue! Sorry for messing up your blogging schedule the other day but it was worth the wait. Your card is stunning and I hope it didn't take 6 hours like mine did lol. I love Ruby in the silver/grey colour...you're right, it suits her. Absolutely fabulous :-D xx

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful scene you have created. Thanks for joining us at CCYAR.