Pages

background

Followers

Monday 30 August 2010

The three day weekend has left me confused!

As much a I love bank holidays I totally confused now and have no idea what day it is!  

Still I've managed to make a couple of cards today, in between feeding and watering my two monsters.  To be honest I think my eldest has had enough of the holidays and wants to get back to school, but that isn't until Friday... why on earth they are starting the school year on a Friday seems madness to me, but they are!

Anyway, onto today's card

I used the sketch over at the Pear Tree Challenge 15, and I struggled a bit with it, but I don't know why... maybe because the monsters sounded like they were trying to create a direct link between my eldest bedroom and the lounge... I normally love working with sketches, and I don't know why this one didn't come together as I'd hoped, but there you go!

Anyway, here's what I came up with


I love the image, Martini Nikki, and I love the papers, but I'm not sure if the ribbon and flowers work as they are... I can see this one being deconstructed and fiddled with before I am happy.



The real pity is that the other card I did today has worked really well, but I can't share it yet!  How annoying is that!! 

I'm carrying on crafting for a bit this evening, then I want to grab an early night cos I know it's going to be a busy week at work - 5 days work, 4 days to do it in :-)

More tomorrow, thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Sue
Martini Nikki is one of my favourites too.. i love the card. just a suggestion.. but maybe its the flowers that aren't just right ? I struggle with those type of flowers .. maybe a couple of buttons.
I love the sparkly DP though..
isn't it frustrating when a card doesn't just seem right .I have had the same trouble today
Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday
Lisa ;)

Anita said...

Very pretty card, Sue. I love the lace that you've used. I think maybe Lisa is right -- I think it may be the flowers. The DP is gorgeous. Of course, I love anything with sparkle on it!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Lovely card Sue, I've changed the card I was going to post because both you and Kerry have used the Jazmyne papers and you used Martini Nikki too and I was going to post her LOL!!!! Great minds ;)
My niece goes back to school on Friday too, it seems ridiculous! Right I'm off to finish my post - Oh I was going to say the same as Lisa, I think it might be the flowers, and maybe if it were my card to fiddle with, I leave the ribbon and lace as it is at the bottom then maybe just use the ribbon at the top and tie a knot or bow? I hate it when things don't work though, it's very fustrating xx

Sue U said...

Yep, it was the flowers! I was brave and they are now history, holes now covered with buttons. mushc better! Thanks for the thoughts and advise, Sue xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Glad it worked. x

Kerry said...

I have a gazillion flowers Sue but they're all covered in dust! I love them but just don't have the knack of placing them :-( It's still a gorgeous card...love the pp lol...think we'll have to check in with each other in the future. Colouring is fab. Thanks for the offer of your Neenah but I know how precious it will be to you as you can't get it here. I got another email from Lyndsey suggesting cs from Ryman's...she says it doesn't bleed with Promarkers so rushed out to get some this am. Will let you know how I get on :-D xx